So far with Hangul...

Hello!
So this post is all about the Hangul (Korean Alphabet) that I have so far learnt.
And I have to say it can be a little confusing and daunting when you first step into learning it. 

When I first looked at Korean Writing and Hangul I honestly thought WOW this is going to be super hard and it will take forever to learn, but it's actually not as bad as it looks to just learn small sections. Below is all the Hangul i have learnt to Type so far and I've added which characters in what order to actually type which makes typing them easier.

Plain Consonants:
geo - 거 = ㄱ + ㅓ
neo - 너 = ㄴ + ㅓ
deo - 더 = ㄷ + ㅓ
reo - 러 = ㄹ + ㅓ
meo - 머 = ㅁ + ㅓ
beo - 버 = ㅂ + ㅓ
seo - 서 = ㅅ + ㅓ
eo - 어 = ㅇ + ㅓ
jeo - 저 = ㅈ + ㅓ
cheo - 처 = ㅊ + ㅓ

Aspirated Consonants:
keo - 커 = ㅋ + ㅓ
teo -  터 = ㅌ + ㅓ
peo - 퍼 = ㅍ + ㅓ
heo - 허 = ㅎ + ㅓ

Tense Consonants:
ggeo - 꺼 = ㄲ + ㅓ
ddeo - 떠 = ㄸ + ㅓ
bbeo - 뻐 = ㅃ + ㅓ
sseo - 써 = ㅆ + ㅓ
jjeo - 쩌 = ㅉ + ㅓ

Basic Vowels:
a - 아 = ㅇ + ㅏ
eo - 어 = ㅇ + ㅓ
o - 오 = ㅇ + ㅗ
u - 우 = ㅇ + ㅜ
eu - 으 = ㅇ + ㅡ
i - 이 = ㅇ + ㅣ

Compound Vowels:
ae - 애 = ㅇ + ㅐ
e - 에 = ㅇ + ㅔ
ui - 의 = ㅇ + ㅡ + ㅣ
oe - 외 = ㅇ + ㅗ + ㅣ
wi - 위 = ㅇ + ㅜ + ㅣ
wa - 와 = ㅇ + ㅗ + ㅏ
wae - 왜 = ㅇ + ㅗ + ㅐ
wo - 워 = ㅇ + ㅜ + ㅓ
we - 웨 = ㅇ + ㅜ + ㅔ


So far this is all the Hangul I have started to learn and am still practicing how to Type and Hand write as its easier to type than it is to write! But I will update in another blog post when I have learnt more and hopefully soon I will be able to write words and sentences in Korean and be able to read Korean.

Until next time
Tonicha-Jade
My Korean Learning Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oops... it's been 6months

My Introduction!